A specialty food manufacturer has a current opening for an Associate Corporate Counsel.
In this role you will work as a corporate generalist, managing a range of business legal needs, with an emphasis on commercial transactions.
This role requires 2-5 years of practice experience and a valid license to practice law in Illinois.
location: Chicago, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 135,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Law Degree
experience: 2 Years
- Provide counsel on legal policy and regulatory issues to propose new products, protect intellectual property, financial offerings and structuring, securities offerings, Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP) transactions, nondisclosure agreements, outsourcing agreements, mergers and acquisitions and business strategic planning.
- Reviewing and negotiating procurement contracts and supplier insurance requirements.
- Provide counsel in various legal proceedings on issues arising from actual or anticipated lawsuits as well as federal, state and local government inquiries.
- Develop and recommend company and operating policy, procedural improvements and position on legal issues.
- Conduct and coordinate research into a variety of legal issues and provide advice on day-to-day legal issues.
- Prepare legal pleadings, motions, discovery and stipulations.
- Write, review and edit reports, opinions, correspondence, articles and other documents.
- Some travel may be required.
An active license to practice law, along with 2 - 5 years of practice experience at a law firm or in-house position, preferably with prior experience handling insurance disputes, mergers and acquisitions, commercial transactions, litigation and/or intellectual property matters.
If interested, please respond immediately for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.