job summary: Rapidly growing consumer products company in Westchester is looking to add a Human Resources Generalist to their team.
location: West Harrison, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 95,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 7 Years
- Lead all HR functions for employees at all levels.
- Manage and maintain the transition to a PEO. Help with documents, data and information needed to setup and transition to a PEO.
- Provide counsel on HR Issues to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and Federal, State and local laws and regulations.
- Collaborate with senior business partners to identify needed operations and HR strategies to support changing business needs, partner and provide guidance and development of employee goals.
- Manage all elements and all levels or recruitment, including temp requests, sourcing candidates, phone screens, Interviews, background/reference checks, offers, new hire paperwork, managing agency relationships,
- Manage and conduct on-boarding procedures for all new hires. Complete new hire documents and submit forms for payroll.
- Benefits administration (all new enrollments, changes, tracking, COBRA administration & payment tacking audits, 401k admin, FSA compliance, etc)
- Work closely with broker in evaluating and selecting all benefit plans, providing significant savings; manage company's annual benefits open enrollment, ensuring timely employee response.
- Handle review of employee performance review process (90 day, mid-year, year-end).
- Revise and update existing job descriptions; create job descriptions as needed.
- Professional Development- Develop and facilitate training programs, seminars, monthly meetings with department heads, etc
- Manage and analyze data for internal management reports in respect of recruiting, compensation, benefits, and etc.
- Direct the appraisal, transfer, promotion, layoff, recall and termination process (exit interviews, severance agreements, etc)
- Track, coordinate and communicate PTO, LOA
- Assist the controller with any payroll needs.
- Committee Involvement - volunteer committee, social justice committee, fire warden and the COVID task force.
- Conduct analysis of exempt/non-exempt status of company, insuring full FLSA compliance.
- Revise and update existing employee handbook to be federally and state compliant.
- Notify IT of any title changes, new hires, departing employees or supervisor changes.
- Coordinate annual sexual harassment training.
- Handle all unemployment claims, WC claims, etc.
- Manage and maintain all the COVID New York state regulations.
- Conduct employee safety training and safety process and procedures.
- Manage and maintain the Safety Data Sheets for the office.
- Maintain posters in the lunchroom. Update annually and ensure they are up to date.
- Timecard processing for payroll.
- Handle special requests and other duties as needed.
Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent combination of work experience and education is required
Previous supervisory experience necessary
skills: Contract Negotiation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.