Position: Payroll and HR Specialist
Reports To: Director of Operations
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Employment Category: Full-Time JOB SUMMARY:
Provides payroll and HR administrative support.
location: Derwood, Maryland
job type: Permanent
salary: $55,000 - 60,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: High School
experience: 2 Years
responsibilities: ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Payroll Administration
- Overall management of Paylocity system
- Manage timesheet process
- Maintain and review payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
- Process bi-weekly payroll
- Track sign-on bonus eligibility and notify employees
- Provide information and answering employee questions about payroll and Paylocity system related matters
- Calculate payable hours, commissions, bonuses, tax withholdings, and deductions
- Respond to employment verifications and other requests for information
- Credentialing of Clinical staff
- Tracking of clinical certificates and ensure all are up to date
- Prepare all office necessities for new hire.
- Manage and track expense reports
- Assist with day to day HR operations
- Set up new hires in Rethink
- Deactivate terminated employees from Rethink
- Provide Rethink user support to Clinical staff
qualifications: Education and Experience Requirement:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Payroll and HR certifications a plus.
- Minimum 2 years' experience of varied payroll and HR duties.
- Hands-on and proficient knowledge with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Sharepoint.
WORK ENVIRONMENT, EQUIPMENT, AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Advance knowledge of computers and systems
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Knowledge of data gathering techniques, such as research or files analysis, to obtain technical and administrative materials for organizational use
- Knowledge of principles and practices of organization, planning, records management, research and general administration
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with staff, employees, and public
- Ability to operate standard office equipment including but not limited to computers, copiers, calculators, and facsimile machines
- Accurate worker with attention to detail and deadlines
- Spanish speaking individual a plus
The physical demands listed below are representative of those that will be required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee may occasionally lift, and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
skills: Payroll, Administration
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.