Position: Human Resources Generalist
Reports To: Director of Operations
FLSA Status: Exempt
Employment Category: Full-Time
The HR Generalist is responsible for the daily functions of HR related to benefits administration, onboarding, offboarding, payroll, and reporting.
location: Derwood, Maryland
job type: Permanent
salary: $65,000 - 70,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
responsibilities: Manage Benefit Plans and Programs
- Administration of benefits programs such as life, health, dental, and disability insurances, retirement plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
- Respond to inquiries regarding benefit programs.
- Manage open enrollment process and coordinate benefit changes.
- Coordinate COBRA notifications and requirements.
- Manage FMLA requests and tracking.
- Verify benefit invoices
- Investigate accidents and prepare reports for insurance carrier.
- Maintain employment records of benefits plan participation such as insurance and pension plan, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
- Review of candidate background checks and necessary follow up
- Create and manage effective onboarding and orientation program for new employees
- Process exits of terminating employees
- Respond to unemployment claims.
- Tracking performance evaluations.
- Create and regularly update job descriptions.
- Provide references for former employees.
- Stays abreast of changing HR regulations and make recommendations for changes
- Other duties as assigned
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
- Track and deduct all garnishments and other special payroll deductions.
- Payroll oversight - review payroll bi-weekly, payroll changes, pre-process reports
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices.
- Set up tax accounts with new states
?Required Skills/Abilities Experience and Education
Work Environment, Physical Conditions
- Bachelor's degree in Business, HR or related discipline preferred
- HR Certification preferred
- 3+ years experience working directly with Paylocity or other payroll/HRIS system
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and SharePoint
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work 40 hours per week and additional hours when necessary
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Must comply with practice policies and procedures.
- Requires daily in-office work. Does not meet the requirements of regular telecommuting.
- Physical activities include sitting for long periods of time, walking, bending, kneeling.
- Must be able to reach, pull, and push.
- Requires manual dexterity, auditory and visual skills.
- Ability to lift up to 15 lbs.
skills: Benefits, Payroll, Insurance, Administration, Employee Relations
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.