job summary: OVERVIEW
An industry leading financial investing institution located in Baltimore is seeking a talented Paralegal to join their team on a temporary basis. The position will assist the in-house legal team with research and preparation of legal documents, as well as general administrative duties. The ideal candidate will possess experience with litigation support, real estate transactions, estate administration and corporate administrative support.
location: Baltimore, Maryland
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
experience: 5 Years
- Bachelor's degree in legal studies or equivalent training required.
- 8-10 years experience required
- Review and approve legal documents, including briefs, pleading, appeals, wills, contracts, and real estate closing statements.
- Review and approve affidavits or other documents.
- Direct and coordinate law office activity, including delivery of subpoenas.
- Arbitrate disputes between parties and assist in real estate closing process.
- Appraise and inventory real and personal property for estate planning.
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- - Strong ability to work independently and manage one's time.
- - Strong leadership and mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
- Strong knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, and the democratic political process.
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Highly-competitive pay rate: $35 - $45 per hour
- Prestigious corporate environment
- Parking accommodations
Steve Haley, JD
Executive Recruiter, Legal
120 E. Baltimore Street, Suite 2220
Baltimore, MD 21202
skills: Litigation support
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.