job summary: HR & Compliance Manager Location:
The company is rapidly growing and is looking for an individual with experience in HR Administration and Federal Contracting to be part of our successful team. Position Summary
: Seeking an HR & Compliance Manager to work under CEO and to lead the Human Resources and Compliance functions within the organization. This position will manage and perform a wide range of HR tasks, including recruiting, interviewing, and onboarding new employees, submitting payroll and other payments, managing benefits administration, and more. This position will also play a critical role in building and leading company's compliance function.
location: Rockville, Maryland
job type: Permanent
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
responsibilities: Essential Duties & Responsibilities :
Minimum Education :
- Manage and submit payroll/401k payments on a bi-weekly basis
- Maintain and update company's HR policies and employee handbook
- Draft and send company-wide communications on new hires and company news
- Lead all recruitment efforts - schedule interviews, review resumes, interview candidates, provide recommendations
- Onboard new employees, enter them into payroll system, make sure all forms are filled out
- Manage vacation/sick leave requests, tracking process, respond to employee requests to move/change/request vacation/sick leave.
- Work with managers on handling employee issues such as attendance, complaints, and violation of company rules
- Manage, participate in, and schedule all employee annual performance reviews
- Lead efforts to improve HR processes within company
- Handle all other miscellaneous HR issues that arise
- Ensure compliance with all GSA reporting rules, checking to see that all processes are being followed internally
- Ensure compliance with sales tax registrations for all 50 states making sure company renews annually and files monthly sales tax reports
- Manage contractual record keeping practices and ensure appropriate documents (such as T&Cs and pricelists) are maintained and uploaded as needed on GSA
- Collect & maintain copies of documents related to contracts and maintain lists of orders, blanket purchase agreements, and calls under these contracts
- Maintain Contractor Code of Business Ethics and Conduct
- Bachelor's Degree
- Five to 10 (5-10) years of experience in HR Administration
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook) required.
qualifications: To qualify for this position, you must have :
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and excellent proofreading abilities
- Familiarity with FFP, BPA, T&M, and IDIQ contracts
- Accuracy with work, strong organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, sometimes simultaneously, under deadline pressure
- Ability to work independently and in front of a computer for long periods of time
- Proactive, collaborative work style and can-do attitude
Salary & Company Benefits :
- Must be United States citizen or permanent resident with a valid work permit
- Starting salary dependent on experience and education.
- Low cost comprehensive health insurance with company paying for 60% of the monthly premium and company pays for 100% of health insurance deductible costs.
- Comprehensive 401k offering including low cost mutual funds and a free financial adviser.
- Company contributes an amount equal to 3% of your salary into your 401k regardless if you contribute.
- Starting two weeks paid vacation, one week paid sick leave per year.
- Worker's compensation and long-term disability insurance paid for by company which pays for 60% of your salary until age 65.
- Company paid for $100,000 of life insurance to each employee to any beneficiaries they want.
- Room for advancement, we are a growing company and have increased revenue every single year for the past 10 years in a row.
- Fully remote work during Covid - Provides everyone with a laptop, monitors, and all peripherals necessary for 100% remote work. We utilize Microsoft Teams and other software to facilitate team work and communication. Eventually want to return to the office in Rockville but not until it is 100% safe to do so.
skills: 401K, Payroll, Employee Relations, Policy, Recruit
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.