Top Global Logistics provider has a great opportunity in Chicago for a Compliance Manager for the Americas. The Senior Manager will be responsible for all compliance throughout the Americas In addition, this role will direct and manage internal auditing with each of the 12 business units operating in the Americas Region. This company is well recognized for its long tenured employees due to excellent career path opportunities for every employee and superior benefits program offerings including Medical/Dental/ Vision / 401K/ Life & Long & Short Term Disability Insurance / Tuition Reimbursement / Training / Paid Time Off and National Holidays
location: Elk Grove Village, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 110,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 7 Years
- Design and Implement Audit Strategies
- For all business units and facilities, manage Compliance Auditing to ensure SOP's and Best Practices are adhered to
- Develops and supports monthly dashboard review process to review and analyze any potential issues
- Compile Audit results, prepare audit reports, and recommend improvement plans
- Follow-up to ensure that improvement plans are properly implemented and are effective.
- Direct and manage related compliance programs including OSHA compliance, safety inspections & audits, training and reporting.
- Lead and coordinate implementation of the Business Continuity Plan
- Collaborate with Legal Division to review contract indemnification and requirements
- Build strong working relationships with all business units and the management team at the company by acting as an internal consultant
- At least 7-10 years of Compliance and Audit experience preferably in Global Freight Forwarding or related Industry.
- BA or BS required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong analytical skills
- Must be personable and able to work in a collaborative manner with businesses, legal, etc.
- PowerPoint, Excel, and MS Office
- Data Analysis skills
- Knowledge of and compliance with OSHA regulations.
- Terms of International Trade, Laws & Terms on Transportation of Goods,
- Strong communication and analytical skills are a must
- General agency laws and state regulations.
Interested candidates: Please forward an updated resume to;
skills: Contract Negotiation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.