job summary: HRIS Analyst System Access:
Dayforce, Lawson, Ascend Summary:
The HRIS Analyst partners with the HR Manager to analyze work process design and flow, improve processes and leverage the return on technological capabilities. The HRIS Analyst builds project plans, ensures adherence to project schedules, maintains a systems orientation and can work effectively with peers to set technology priorities and conduct long-term planning. This position also serves as a technical point-of-contact for the assigned functional area and assists subject matter experts with ensuring data integrity, testing of system changes, report writing and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities. The HRIS Analyst also supports Dayforce upgrades, patches, testing and other technical projects as assigned.
location: Columbia, Maryland
job type: Permanent
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
responsibilities: Essential Functions:
- Assists in the review and testing of the HRIS integration and upgrades. Collaborates with functional and technical staff to coordinate implementation and upgrades. Documents business and technical process flows and results. Ensures data integrity and accuracy of the HRIS system.
- Provides support for HRIS, including researching and resolving HRIS problems, unexpected results or process flaws; performing scheduled activities; recommending solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements; Assists with development of project plans, scheduling, monitoring and communicating the project status; Reports any type of potential problems to appropriate management in a timely manner.
- Conducts maintenance and configuration of HRIS system; recommends process improvements, innovative solutions, policy changes and/or major variations from established policy that must be approved by appropriate leadership prior to implementation. Serves as a key liaison with Ceridian and other third parties and other stakeholders. Analyzes and recommends best practice business process/data models to integrate in to the use of the Dayforce product.
- Works closely with the Payroll Department to ensure accuracy of payrolls through the Dayforce product.
- Works closely with the Learning & Organizational Development (L&OD) Department to ensure quality training for existing and new team members.
- Works closely with the HR to ensure business workflows are according to CA's policies and procedures; and federal, state, local requirements.
- Writes, maintains and supports a variety of reports or queries using appropriate reporting tools. Assists in development of standard reports for ongoing internal customer needs and external related organizations. Helps maintain data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data. Develops user procedures, guidelines and documentation.
- Standardizes and develops custom reports for internal auditing purposes and HR dashboard reporting. Consults with system users to expand or modify technology capabilities to improve operational efficiency and/or workflow.
- Tests semi-annual Ceridian Dayforce version updates prior to implementation and education and trains organization on new functionality.
- Develops user procedures, guidelines and documentation. Develops system audit practices/ reports to ensure integrity of HR data. Troubleshoots any design failure and determines the best logical problem-solving approach to ensure resolutions for HR Technology applications. Runs ad hoc reports to support employee's operational needs.
- Leads, participates and conducts training sessions for new and existing users related to product functionality.
- Maintains the security integrity of the Dayforce application.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Project management experience preferred
- Familiar with HR policies and procedures including payroll and benefits.
- Experienced in finding solutions to technical HR and systems related issues.
- Ability to work independently and effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to react to change and to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Meticulous attention to detail, as well as reliability and ability to carry out daily functions in an efficient and timely manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills. Education:
- Bachelor's degree in business, HR, computer science or other related field
- 3 -5 years of HRIS experience
Office environment Work environment:
Ability to work in an office setting.
skills: HRIS, Ceridian, Lawson, Policy
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.