A rapidly growing digital entertainment company is in need of a Business & Legal Affairs Associate to assist with day-to-day contract and legal operations.
This is a unique opportunity to join a start-up mentality organization in the exciting entertainment industry.
Work will be remote to start, but will resume in office in LA when COVID settles down, so you must be in the LA market.
location: Los Angeles, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 110,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Law Degree
experience: 2 Years
- Provide preliminary advice, conduct due diligence, review, redline, structure, draft, negotiate, support, and oversee compliance of a wide range of licensing (e.g. digital to print / print to digital, etc.) and service agreements (e.g. agencies, contractors including talent, influencers, etc.).
- Work closely, collaborate, and align with various internal creative teams (editors, producers, etc.) and subject matter experts (operations, marketing, finance, etc.) - global and US.
- Collaborate, support, and align with other Business & Legal Affairs counsel, contract managers, and other units of the Legal Department.
- Identify, assess, and advise on business and legal compliance and risk factors.
- Conduct research, draft memos and reports, and present on various business and legal issues and projects.
- Stay current and effectively advise and present on relevant market trends and conditions, competitive deal terms, and relevant legal developments including contract law, intellectual property law, licensing, entertainment law, platform liability-related laws, content distribution-related laws, social media law, etc.
- Support and maintain proficiency in applicable legal tech, tools, workflows and methods aimed at streamlining business & legal process, contract operations, and knowledge management.
- Support other day-to-day business and legal operations.
- A law degree (JD) with membership in good standing in CA bar
- 2-5 years of legal / business and legal experience
- Experience using contract/project management software (e.g. DocuSign, Airtable, etc.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams)
- Excellent writing and presentation skills, including clear and effective written and verbal communication skills, negotiating skills, and strong drafting abilities
- Strong emotional, social, and cultural intelligence; ability to build relationships in a professional, personable, and inclusive manner
- A growth and open mindset; drive to think creatively and proactively on strategy, workflow, risk, and problem-solving
- Takes initiative, skilled in prioritizing and managing tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Thrives in an ever-changing environment
- The ability to speak/read Korean is a plus but not required.
Base salary of $90 - 110K; bonus potential; cell phone and wellness allowance; PLUS the employer covers 100% of healthcare premiums!
Are you interested in joining a small team in high-growth mode looking for a team player to join the Legal Department? If so, please respond for more information about this exciting opportunity!
skills: contract negotiations, Contract Law, contract drafting, Contract Review
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.