MAINTENANCE DEPARTMENT MANAGER opportunity at a highly regarded manufacturing firm near Buffalo Grove, IL. Growth opportunity. Includes relocation.
Responsibilities for the Maintenance Manager
- Oversee a Maintenance team of 20 in all phases of plant facilities and equipment maintenance to support the production of quality products in an efficient and profitable manner. Responsible for day-to-day activities of directing, managing resources, controlling and coordinating.
- Develop/institute Maintenance best practices with clearly defined metrics that will drive plant performance.
- Develop direct reports including Maintenance Apprentices.
- Manage maintenance & select capital projects.
- Manage/Lead the maintenance department to excellence in the areas of: Cost, Quality, Safety and Productivity using Lean Manufacturing/World Class Manufacturing methodologies and TPM
Requirements for the Maintenance Manager
- BS Degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a high speed industrial maintenance environment, need food plant experience.
- Experience to troubleshoot and repair mechanical, AS A PLUS electrical components/controls.
- Supervisory experience
- A PLUS to have experience with Manufacturing techniques such as TPM, 5S, Lean, etc.
- Working knowledge of computerized maintenance systems and PC software (Windows, Access, and Excel). A PLUS to have SAP experiences
- Budget planning and management skills and project management skills
- Salary in range shown based on extent of experience
- Bonus potential
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Growth opportunity
- Relocation assistance