Seeking an experienced Plant Engineer for a chemical manufacturing/packaging company in northern Mississippi. This candidate will need to be able to transition into a Plant Engineering Manager role at the end of 2018. Prior management, supervision or leadership experience in a manufacturing environment is a definite plus. Relocation is available.
Responsibilities for the Plant Engineer
- Responsible for the supervision of a Maintenance Department; exempt employees within a 24-hour/5 day a week operation
- Leading manufacturing equipment and facilities to support production goals in the most cost-effective manner
- Support new products launch
- Lead capital spending for the facilities
- Develops and maintain ITPM (Inspection, Testing, Preventative Maintenance) work instructions for critical equipment which are tracked thru the plant CMMS system
Requirements for the Plant Engineer
- B.S. in Engineering: Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Process, Manufacturing, etc.
- 4+ years experience working in a supervisory/leadership position in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience working in a packaging-manufacturing operation
- Experience managing contractors and plant maintenance personnel
- Lead several areas of PSM/RMP compliance; including Mechanical Integrity, Contractors Safety, Hot Work, Process Safety Information and the MOC process pertaining to Capital Projects
- Knowledge or experience with ISO is a plus
<Benefits for the Plant Engineer
- Comprehensive Benefits package including: Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, life insurance, etc.
- Relocation assistance