Engineering client has an immediate need for a DESIGN ENGINEER! This is a wonderful opportunity for someone looking to further their career with a fantastic company. Ideal candidates must have minimally 3 years of prior experience working on civil transportation projects. This is a direct hire position located in Sandy Springs, GA.
Responsibilities for the Civil Engineer
- Responsible for the design and preparation of construction documents for minor and major roadways, sidewalks, shoulder improvements, and drainage design.
- Assist Project Managers with tasks associated with plan preparation, cost estimates, report writing, client coordination, and permitting.
- Use Microstation and Inroads software to prepare drawings.
- Responsible for collaboration involved with the team as well as outside agencies, client interaction, etc.
Requirements for the Civil Engineer
- MUST have previously worked with Microstation and Inroads.
- 3-5 years of transportation design related experience, including internships.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related.
- EIT is preferred, but not required.
- Prior experience with GDOT or similar is a major plus!