CAD/Product Designer needed for a contract to hire position in South Metro Atlanta, GA. Candidates must have at least 1 year professional experience with sheet metal and piping design in a manufacturing environment. The Product Designer will be working within a team to finish projects using CREO/Windchill. Understanding of plastic and metal formation process is essential. Pay rate is $22-27/hr based on experience. Candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States. (Client will not sponsor the need for Visa now or in the future)
Responsibilities for the Drafter
- Converts engineers' and technicians' rough product design sketches into working documents using CREO, Windchill and Microsoft Office.
- Works from layout drawings, bills of materials, sketches, general descriptions and instructions to prepare mechanical drawings. .
- Works on tight deadlines with attention to quality and detail.
Requirements for the Drafter
- Proficient in CREO a must, Windchill, strongly preferred.
- At least 1 year experience with Sheet Metal and Piping Design in a manufacturing environment.
- Technical Degree strongly preferred or 10+ years CAD drafting.
- Surfacing experience is a plus.
- Contract to hire position with a large growing company