REGULATORY COMPLIANCE for a well established manufacturing firm at a location near Pompano Beach, FL. Need experience such as UL, ETL, product safety for motor operated electrical products. Projected 6+ month assignment. Potential Temp-to-Perm if have BS Engineering. Growth opportunity. Includes per diem and relocation.
Responsibilities for the Specialist
- Serve as a core team member in the development of compliant product for global markets supporting regulatory and compliance goals in project management, process development, and advocacy activities.
- Review products to all relevant standards and provide guidance to the project team and Maintain and update procedures or documentation
- Review test reports from internal and/or external laboratories and Maintain CTDP laboratory approval and provide support
- Monitor regulatory and compliance changes which effect the business and communicate those clearly, effectively and in a timely manner to the appropriate internal stakeholders and Track agency fees and monitor certifications for obsolescence to reduce certification costs
- Train staff on Regulatory and Compliance topics
Requirements for the Specialist
- AS Engineering (Electrical, Chemical, or Material preferred) OR otherwise a 4 year science degree. A PLUS to have BS Engineering.
- 5 to10+ years experience working directly with regulatory agencies such as FDA, FCC, DOE, UL, ETL and / or International bodies such as the European Commission agencies, etc.
- Need experience with motor operated electrical products and product safety labs or agencies, A PLUS to have Small appliance experience
- Should have design or process engineering background in addition to regulatory and compliance experience.
- Prefer working knowledge in standards for small appliances or similar products. with UL. CSA, FCC / 47 CFR Part 15 & IEC
- Pay rate in range shown based on extent of qualifications
- Contractor Benefits during contract phase and Comprehensive Benefits when transitioned to Direct Hire
- Growth opportunity with a solid manufacturing firm
- Per Diem for Contract phase and Relocation when transitioned to Direct Hire
- Bonus Potential