Mutli-billion dollar Fortune 500 manufacturer near Pittsburgh PA seeks 3 Supervisors to be responsible for providing daily work direction while ensuring that safety, product quality, and productivity are the focus for all area hourly union employees. You will also be the point of contact for all matters regarding the processing of materials through the department. Join a large plant which is part of a strong company. Permanent direct-hire opportunity with competitive pay and great benefits including relocation package, strong medical, 401(k) match, etc. You must be open to all 3 shifts that rotate weekly, weekends, and holidays. Salary + OT + bonus.
Responsibilities for the Maintenance Supervisor
- Supervise and provide work direction to hourly union employees
- Participate in the plant's strong safety program and help implement directives in department
- Adhere to the quality policy to promote continuous improvement of company products, processes, and services
- Attain results through effective planning, organizing, controlling, and assignment of priorities
- Identify basic problem, gather appropriate information, and analyze in an effective manner
Requirements for the Maintenance Supervisor
- BS in an engineering discipline desired (equivalent experience to be considered)
- Steelmaking experience required
- Supervisory experience from a union environment
- Ability/willingness to work weekly rotating shifts, holidays, and weekends
- Permanent direct-hire opportunity with competitive pay (salary + OT + bonus) and great benefits including relocation package, strong medical, 401(k) match, etc.