An American corporation that manufactures agricultural, construction, and forestry machinery, diesel engines, drivetrains (axles, transmissions, gearboxes) used in heavy equipment, and lawn care equipment is looking for a Maintenance Engineer in the Waterloo, IA area. This is a 2-year CONTRACT position. No per diem available.
Responsibilities for the Maintenance Engineer
- Provide engineering design for the infrastructure for the facility, grounds, and production equipment and processes through both internal and external resources.
- Provide troubleshooting of the facility infrastructure and production equipment to support production, manufacturing, distribution, and maintenance operations.
- Maintain project budget cost control on projects assigned through project cost control system for the unit. Provide life, safety, and building code analysis and support and implement programs within the organization to prevent injuries and illnesses.
Requirements for the Maintenance Engineer
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Engineering/Design Technology and 3 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with machine design & troubleshooting. Experience writing maintenance procedures. Working knowledge of SAP or other computerized maintenance management system (CMMS).