We're looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our client and assist with the development and implementation of World Class Manufacturing (WCM) projects, energy reduction, safety and electrical distribution and control in our manufacturing facilities. The Senior Electrical Engineer will be accountable for the execution of electrical replacement/upgrade/maintenance and energy management projects, supporting yield/availability improvements and training/mentoring of staff for multiple sites within North America.
Responsibilities for the Senior Electrical Engineer
- Responsible for planning, evaluating, organizing and implementing all aspects of electrical system design including medium and low voltage power distribution, motor control, lighting, instrumentation, P&IDs and instrument selection.
- Responsible for managing equipment and labor costs within the approved budget.
- In conjunction with the Automation Group Manager and plant Engineering Managers, control expenses due to electrical, I&C, materials and labor to meet yearly budget.
Requirements for the Senior Electrical Engineer
- Thorough knowledge of National Electrical Code (NFPA-70), Canadian Electrical Code (CSA C22.1), Arc-Flash (NFPA-70E) code requirements and OSHA requirements in relation to arc flash, electrical distribution and safe working practices.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university or college.
- Five (5) years of applied professional experience in electrical engineering and power distribution (up to 4160VAC.)