Well established speciality products manufacturing organization is seeking and experienced Sr. Automation Project Engineer for a direct hire career opportunity in SW Chicago. Candidate will work out of the corporation location, and travel to three manufacturing sites in North America to support projects as needed. ~50% travel is expected.
Responsibilities for the Project Engineer
- Candidate will work to design, execute and commission manufacturing process automation projects that transition manually intensive and error prone processes into automated equipment solutions
- Candidate will lead efforts to transition from manual or semi-automated processes to automated processes and smart factory manufacturing.
- This role will lead the company wide initiative to build new automated data collection abilities across all company manufacturing sites
- Facilitate design /specification, purchase, installation and qualification of processequipment.
Requirements for the Project Engineer
- Willingness and ability to travel nationally to support automation needs for alllocations
- BSME, BSChE, or other appicable engineering or technical degree
- 10+ years' of automation experience; related industrial setting preferred
- Strong knowledge base of PLC/HMI/DSC platforms such as WonderWare SystemPlatform and Archestra Graphics. Siemens, Allen-Bradley