Immediate, Direct Hire, opening for an Electrical Engineer / Electrical Designer in Charlotte, NC. This person will work on commercial building MEP projects, designing power & lighting systems, security systems, wiring layouts and schematics, and conducting any associated electrical calculations. Bachelors or Associate's Degree is required. Relocation assistance available. All experience levels are encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities for the Electrical Design Engineer
- Producing construction plans, specifications, and other technical drawings in an efficient and timely manner.
- Construction plans and specifications include power, lighting, fire alarm and communications as well as special systems (security, television, audio/visual, PA, etc.) and must meet appropriate design standards, project & client requirements, and all applicable codes (NEC, IBC, etc.).
- Candidates must be detail oriented with good time management skills to meet time-induced deadlines,
Requirements for the Electrical Design Engineer
- BSEE is highly preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience. (or an AS Degree and 5+ years experience)
- AutoCAD experience a must
- Revit / BIM proficiency is highly desirable.
- An overall understanding of MEP systems, with a thorough knowledge of Electrical systems
- Previous experience in commercial building design
- This is a direct role and company sponsored benefits, PTO, 401k will be provided.
- Relocation assistance may be available.