World leader in the development, manufacturing and fulfillment of fully integrated system solutions for the automotive industry seeks a QUALITY ENGINEER for its facility located southwest of CHARLOTTE, NC. The QUALITY ENGINEER is responsible for supporting the Quality Assurance process consistent with customer specifications, and functions as liaison with customers. IMMEDIATE, DIRECT-HIRE OPPORTUNITY WITH A WORLD CLASS ORGANIZATION!
Responsibilities for the Quality Engineer
- Analyze and administer programs for rejections, charge backs, returns, corrections of defective materials and shipped pieces
- Establish and maintain liasions with various departments to obtain, exchange, interpret, and supply information with regard to sustaining the quality managements system in all departments
- Maintain ISO 14001 and TS 16949 Certification
- Maintains plant problem solving tools relative to product quality, i.e., Statistical Process Control (SPC), Failure Modes and Effect Analysis (FMEA) and Employee Involvement Teams (E.I.T.) etc.
Requirements for the Quality Engineer
- Bachelor's Degree and 3-5 years work experience in Quality Engineering in the passenger or commercial vehicle parts industry
- Experience in ISO 14001 and TS 16949 audit process and requirements
- Must have GD&T experience / ability to read a blueprint, etc
- Experience with sheet metal fabrication and/or welding highly desired
- The company provides a competetive benefits package to include relocation assistance