Energy client is looking for a Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) Construction Site Superintendent to act as an Owner's Representative for a Wind Farm EPC project in Iowa. This is a 10+ month project assignment that starts in late February or early March. You need 15+ years direct experience with QA/QC construction activities on power plant type projects and 3+ specifically on wind turbine power projects.
Responsibilities for the Superintendent
- Represent the Owner by performing Construction QA/QC oversight on a Wind Farm EPC project in Iowa
- You main duty will be to provide the oversight for all work activities relating to the construction and installation of the wind turbines on site, and ensure compliance with the Owner's Specifications
- One major work activity will be the witnessing receiving inspection on major components to site and documentation of any potential discrepancies
- You will also witness and/or conducting audits on work being performed as well as witnessing Mechanical Completion walk-downs
- Completion of wind turbine Quality Assurance work (offload inspections, retrofits, installation support, punch lists, MCC)
- Populate electronic quality documentation to include taking photos and documenting any observations
- Report daily progress and conformance with Quality documentation as determined to Site Construction Manager
- Report any and all non-conformances to Owner Project Manager and Site Construction Manager.
Requirements for the Superintendent
- You need 15+ years of QA/QC construction experience on power plant and similar heavy industrial plant projects
- Specific experience as a QA/QC Construction Superintendent on a Wind Farm EPC projects is needed
- You should be experienced with all of the major areas on Wind EPC projects including the collector systems, turbine towers, substation construction, mechanical completion, civil/structural construction, etc...
- You need to have previous experience on a power plant EPC project where you where working on the Owner's behalf as an Owner's Rep
- Specific experience with GE Wind Turbines is considered a PLUS
- Full benefits
- Excellent Pay
- Performance Bonus
- Possible per diem for candidates not local