A world leading manufacturing organization located in a Western Suburb of Chicago, IL is looking for an Application Engineer. This is a direct hire opportunity at a company with excellent benefits to employees. Must have 2-5 years in Mechanical Engineering with experience. Experience with Railway and Off-Highway industry customers. Relocation assistance for non-local candidates. APPLY NOW!
Responsibilities for the Application Engineer
- Provide technical support for all of the product platforms to customers as well as field sales and customer service within the Key Accounts group.
- Locate and develop opportunities within the assigned account base.
- Provide customer support in the areas of product selection, application review, product installation, maintenance and damage analysis.
- Provide innovative, high value platform integrated solutions to targeted customers.
- Conduct failure analysis and recommend design changes, upgrade suggestions etc to customers.
Requirements for the Application Engineer
- BSME strongly preferred.
- Must have a mechanical engineering background.
- Knowledge of Railway and Off-Highway industry customers a plus.
- Experience with bearings, lubrication, seals a plus
- Must have excellent communication skills given the customer interface involved with this role
- 24 days PTO from day 1 and 13 paid holidays
- 10-15% annual bonus target
- 5% annual company retirement fund contribution PLUS a 100% 401k match up to 5%
- Tuition/certification reimbursement
- Excellent training
- Excellent opportunity for upward mobility within the organization
Job Number: 133095