Automation Engineer opening for a prominent manufacturer in Portage, Wisconsin. This Automation Engineer position will implement cost saving and quality improving measures through automation. The Automation Engineer will be tasked with supporting, implementing, and improving manufacturing processes and procedures. The client ideally wants someone with experience working with Automation Direct and a CAD software.
The Automation Engineer salary range is between $70-$80K, with benefits including health, dental, and vision. This role has a bonus up to 15% and will relocate for the successful candidate. BS degree in Engineering is required for this position. All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Responsibilities for the Automation Engineer
- Lead and assist in the building and implementation of internal automation projects, as well as any external automation projects for production and application engineering
- Utilize project management skills to define, plan, track, document and bring projects to successful completion on time
- Improve processes, reduce scrap, justify capital expenditures, troubleshoot process problems, increase efficiency and recommend improvements
Requirements for the Automation Engineer
- BS in Engineering Degree required
- 2+ years of hands-on experience as a Manufacturing or Automation Engineer in a fast-paced production environment
- Strong skills with automation including troubleshooting, part feeding, PLC integration, pneumatics, etc.
- Plastic Injection Molding and/or medical device manufacturing is a PLUS
- Full-time, Direct Hire Position
- Salary commensurate with experience ranging from $70k - $80k, plus up to a potential 15% bonus
- Full-time benefits, PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, etc.
Job Number: 133021