An engineering and construction client has an immediate need for a Senior Biomedical Engineer in the San Antonio, TX area. This is a 6-month CONTRACT position with the possibility of extension. No per diem available.
Responsibilities for the Biomedical Engineer
- Biomedical engineers may design instruments, devices, and software; bring together knowledge from many technical sources to develop new procedures; or conduct research needed to solve clinical problems.
- Design systems and products, such as artificial devices that replace or enhance the human body, and machines for diagnosing medical problems to include monitoring devices and artificial intelligence diagnostic assistance tools.
- Install, adjust, maintain, repair, or provide technical support for biomedical equipment. Evaluate the safety, efficiency, and effectiveness of biomedical equipment. Train clinicians and other personnel on the proper use of equipmentWork with life scientists, chemists, and medical scientists to research the engineering aspects of biological systems of humans and animals
Requirements for the Biomedical Engineer
- Bachelor's degree programs in biomedical engineering focus on engineering and biological sciences. Programs include laboratory-based courses in addition to classroom-based courses in subjects such as fluid and solid mechanics, computer programming, circuit design, and biomaterials.
- Professional Engineer registration may be required. Experience with Department of Defense medicine and Federal health agencies
Job Number: 133040