Growing manufacturer is in search of an experienced Construction Project Manager with an established track record to lead a major expansion project. This position will work closely with OEM's and 3rd party Engineering firms to develop, coordinate, implement and manage all facets necessary to construct this $100-$500 MM project on time, within budget, and to the quality specified. The PM will provide the leadership and serves as the liaison between project team members to promote the interest of both the business and clients in all matters. Strong organizational and communication skills will be essential to ensure standards are achieved. 2-3 year project- permanent opportunities may be available. Excellent benefits, great location, bonus tied to project.
Responsibilities for the Construction Manager
- Drive and manage Safety throughout the project design and construction.
- Ensure engineering standards are achieved.
- Act as Company representative and liaison with OEM's and 3rd party Engineering.
- Create and manage project budget for all assigned projects.
- Develop and collaborate on pre-construction RFP package.
- Conduct project meetings, while setting milestones and formulating status reports including cost, schedule and other KPI's.
- Establish job processes (RFIs, submittals, and pay applications) including approving pay applications and negotiating subcontract change orders.
Requirements for the Construction Manager
- Bachelor Degree in Construction, Engineering, or Business concentrations preferred, PMP/PRINCE2 certification a plus
- Minimum 8 years of experience with a commercial general contractor
- Previous experience in a project management role with the ability to execute multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to master sector/project-specific software systems including but not limited to: Microsoft Office suite, Oracle, etc.
- Mastery of reading construction drawings; tasks include reading, interpreting, and updating construction-related drawings
- Ability to organize necessary resources, including people, tools and time to meet tight deadlines and achieve desired results
- Knowledge of current market conditions including pricing conventions and trends
- Excellent health,dental, life, 401K match, relocation.