Entry level Controls Engineer, Wixom, MI Design PC-based HMI interfaces for industrial heat treat furnaces using proprietary software, and implement the technology on heat treat equipment in the field. The ideal candidate must be comfortable with computer programming on any platform and have an interest in learning how industrial heat treat furnaces operate and are controlled. The applicant may acquire other skills required on the job. Familiarity with industrial PC configuration, PLC programming, industrial controls networking protocols, and SOME BACKGROUND IN ELECTRICAL CONTROLS IS PREFERRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED IN ADVANCE. Eligible for OT at 1x pay rate.
Responsibilities for the Controls Engineer
- Learn to design PC-based HMI screens using proprietary software provided by the company.
- Learn to implement PC-based HMI setup at the customer's facility on company furnaces and equipment.
- Learn to implement and troubleshoot alarm messages from the PLC, furnace part recipes, and part tracking.
- Learn to startup/troubleshoot HMI and equipment operation at customer facilities.
- Learn to understand and troubleshoot how the PC-based HMI integrates with other technologies, including PLC programs for sequential motion control, industrial networks, etc.
- Learn to integrate various industrial controls, such as PLCs and other network devices to support systems.
- Learn other technologies related to the position, including SCADA systems, alternative HMI software, technology required by customer specifications, etc.
Requirements for the Controls Engineer
- BS or AAS Electrical or Computer Engineering degree desired.
- SOME BACKGROUND IN ELECTRICAL CONTROLS INS PREFERRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED IN ADVANCE.
- Must be computer savvy and innovative with a strong "hands on" approach
- Field experience working around industrial equipment as plus.
- PC programming capabilities a plus (C#, C++, SQL, VB, php, python, etc.)
- Position requires some travel to customer heat treat facilities, both nationally and internationally, to assist in system debug and start up as necessary.
- Industrial network experience a plus
- full time role with benefits
- OT paid at 1x pay rate after 40 hrs/wk