A manufacturing company, considered one of the world's leading innovators in materials science is looking for a Controls Technician in the Hickory, NC area. This is a 12-month CONTRACT position. Local candidates only. No per diem available.
Responsibilities for the Controls Technician
- Candidate will integrate field devices for flow control, material handling and metering, motion control, temperature control, and associated safety systems based the system design package enabling a fully-functional equipment platform.
- Work closely with controls engineers to implement control sequence logic (both time-based and event-based), fail-safe states, and process /equipment recovery sequences. Implement specified field devices to accomplish desired process / equipment functions, and compatible / compliant with site standards.
- Participate in engineering project teams that are responsible to deliver robust, cost effective automation and process machine systems to the company's manufacturing plants and processes. Work within project teams to support the solving difficult automation problems, resolution of project related issues, and development of fundamental understanding of technical / process requirements critical to system success.
- Drive the deployment of defined control architectures, control system standards, and system integration that will satisfy process and manufacturing requirements. Interface with external system integrators and machine builders to enable project deliverables.
Requirements for the Controls Technician
- AS or AAS is required in an electrical or controls discipline with 5+years equipment/controls experience.
- Experience integrating field devices for flow control, material handling and metering, motion control, temperature control, and associated safety systems into an overall controls package enabling a fully-functional equipment platform.
- Electro-mechanical troubleshooting ability is required.
- Machine control knowledge is needed.
Job Number: 133178