DESIGN ENGINEER for a highly regarded automotive firm in central Ohio. Need BSME or BSEE and minimum 8 years relevant experience. Very long contract assignment.
Responsibilities for the Design Engineer
- Researches, plans, and designs parts/systems within area of specialty, including design feasibility and cost analysis, strength calculations, material selection, part construction, part specification, scheduling/coordinating activities involved in prototyping, fabricating and manufacturing of assigned products and systems.
- Designs, develops and analyzes components, parts and systems in area of specialty per established quality, cost and performance standards as well as regulatory and development schedule guidelines, implementing design ideas/features by preparing, refining and issuing complex 2D and 3D drawings/layouts, calculations and analysis and confirming prototype part compliance with drawing specifications, product limitations or changes in design trends.
Requirements for the Design Engineer
- BS Degree in ME/EE. - 6 years of related experience may be substituted for required degree.
- Design Engineer with over 8 years of engineering experience in creation of required components per specialty (concept, specification setting and layout creation and negotiation capability).
- Pay rate in range shown based on extent of qualifications
- Contractor benefits
- Exposure at a top automotive firm
- Long term contract potential
Job Number: 132997