CAE DESIGN ENGINEER for a highly regarded automotive firm in central Ohio. Need BSME or BSEE and minimum 2 years relevant experience. Very long contract assignment. Need vehicle dynamics and chassis control background .
Responsibilities for the Design Engineer
- Apply vehicle dynamics software such as CarSim, control simulation tools such as MATLAB/Simulink as well as rapid control prototyping platforms such as dSPACE RTI/ControlDesk, and create and debug models/codes including chassis control logic algorithms.
- Integrate controller models into vehicle simulation platforms for SIL and HIL bench setups and applications and Validate accuracy of simulation models by comparing to test data.
- Predict handling, braking and chassis control system responses, assess control system fail-safe/ISO26262 characteristics using SIL, HIL and DIL setups, and develop countermeasure to get desired performance while guaranteeing robustness.
- Develop modeling and simulation methods, produce customer-oriented results and explain them from root cause standpoint.
Requirements for the Design Engineer
- Min. Bachelor Degree in Engineering and more than 2 years vehicle dynamics modeling/simulation experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience using pre-prcessor / post-processor tools (Hyperworks) for complex vehicle system level CAE model construction, visualization, and analysis. Related advanced degree may be substituted for 2 years of experience.
- Must be proficient in popular vehicle dynamics software such as CarSim, control simulation tools such as MATLAB/Simulink as well as rapid control prototyping platforms such as dSPACE RTI/ControlDesk, and be able to create and debug models/codes including chassis control logic algorithms.
- A PLUS to have some experience in any of the following vehicle dynamics modeling/control systems is a plus: TargetLink, SIMPACK, ADAMS/Car, VSM, CarMaker
<Benefits for the Design Engineer
- Pay rate in range shown based on extent of qualifications
- Contractor benefits
- Exposure at a top automotive firm
- Long term contract potential
Job Number: 132996