DESIGN ENGINEER contract opportunity at a highly regarded automotive manufacturing firm on central Ohio. Need BSME or BSEE OR equivalent and 2 years design engineering experience and working knowledge of CATIA V5. Projected 12+ month assignment.
Responsibilities for the Design Engineer
- Conduct design feasibility and cost analysis, strength calculations, material selection, part construction, part specification, scheduling and coordinating activities involved in prototyping, fabricating and manufacturing of assigned parts and systems.
- Design components/parts/systems in area of speciality per established quality/development schedule guidelines, implementing design ideas/features by preparing, checking and issuing 2D and 3D drawings/layouts, calculations and analysis and confirming prototype parts compliance with drawing specifications.
Requirements for the Design Engineer
- BS Degree in ME/EE. - may substitute 6 years of related experience for required degree
- Design Engineer with over 2 years of engineering experience in actual creation of required components per speciality (concept, specification setting and layout creation and negotiation capability) and CATIA V5 experience.
- Solid proficiency in CATIA
- Pay rate in range shown based on qualifications
- Contractor Benefits
- Exposure at a top automotive firm
- Long term assignment
Job Number: 133126