Immediate, Direct Hire opening for an Electrical Designer / Electrical Design Engineer working for a MEP consulting firm the Boston, Massachusetts area. This will be designing and engineering power and lighting systems for commercial and institutional buildings predominantly.
Responsibilities for the Electrical Engineer
- Carry out routine design tasks such as service, feeder, and generator sizing, electrical branch circuitry, layout of devices
- Make calculations using engineering formulas such as mehcanical equipment loads, lighting calculations, power distribution calculations and equipment sizing
- Consulting with Lead Engineer, prepare engineering studies and schematic design for new systems and analyze operation of existing systems
- Possess general understanding of applicable building codes, consults with engineer regarding building code requirements
Requirements for the Electrical Engineer
- BS in Electrical Engineering preferred; AS or CAD Certificate with specific experience is highly desirable.
- 2+ years experience with MEP designing and engineering
- Fundamental knowledge of electrical system design
- Revit proficiency highly desirable
- EIT or PE license highly desirable.
- Direct hire role with company provided benefits.
Job Number: 132818