Industrial manufacturing company in San Jose, CA, is looking for an Environmental Health and Safety Specialist. This person will be reporting to the Director of Operations and assist with planning, establishing, implementing and maintaining a variety of occupational health, safety, and environmental programs to assure the highest possible degree of safety for employees.
Responsibilities for the Environmental Health Safety Engineer
- Implement, train or arrange, and maintain all company health and safety programs and coordinate safety training programs for employees and outside contracted services.
- Assist in new employee occupational health, safety and environmental orientation.
- Responsible for safety incident reporting
- Maintain overall Environmental Management System (EMS) to ensure compliance with all regulatory obligations.
- Identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices in the workplace. Survey to identify and evaluate occupational health, safety and environmental conditions through on-site inspections.
Requirements for the Environmental Health Safety Engineer
- BA/BA or AD Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Services, Safety Engineering or related field.
- Knowledge and experience with state and local safety, fire, construction, environmental and public access regulations experience;
- Has worked in a manufacturing setting.
- Knowledge of OSHA, HAZMAT and Lockout, Tagout procedures.
- PTO, Holiday and Sick leave.
- Vision, Dental and Health Benefits.