Field Service Engineer, Montgomery, AL - Packaging machine OEM develops,manufactures and markets high-tech packaging equipment. This FSE will have strong PLC Controls experience and Fanuc Robotics and will support customers in their region with installations, programming and field engineering. You will perform the after-sale service on a variety of Flexible and Rigid packaging equipment, ie. Fillers, baggers, Robotic Palletizer and Stretch Hooders/Stretch wrappers. Competitive Base pay plus OT and commission (Parts and Service). 15-20 hours of OT and 70% travel so 100k+ compensation is common. Pay rate of 25-32/hr depending on level of expertise. Can live anywhere US near an airport.
Responsibilities for the Field Service Engineer
- The Field Service Specialist positions have been created to handle the most technically challenging installations, field engineering and problem solving assignments
- Program and troubleshoot Fanuc Robotics and Allen Bradley PLC's
- Install Equipment at Customer sites
- Advise customers in optimizing their equipment
Requirements for the Field Service Engineer
- Technical degree or any equivalent training that includes mechanical, electrical, controls, hydraulics and pneumatics
- 5+ years experience as an Industrial Maintenance Technician, Field Service Engineer, Packaging Technician, Controls Engineer, etc
- Strong experience PLC troubleshooting and programming required
- FANUC Robotics programming experienceExperience reading mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical drawings
- PalletPRO, Handling PRO, program creation and modification in TP or Karel Language a plus
- Must be willing to travel a minimum of 70% of the time
<Benefits for the Field Service Engineer
- High compensation.Excellent benefits, OT pay, Commission paid on sales of products and services.
- Can live anywhere in the US as long as you are within 1 hours of a major airport.
Job Number: 133181