A diversified energy company is currently seeking a GIS Technician in the Greensburg, PA area. This is a 2-year CONTRACT assignment. No per diem available.
Responsibilities for the GIS Technician
- Assist with preparing and maintaining specialized electrical schematic drawings such as Transmission, Network, and UCD system circuits using AutoCAD.
- Help in creating and manipulating GIS queries of data for investigations, special projects, and statistical analysis.
- Post completed work requests to GIS database, and maps and records systems by interpreting construction prints, work management information, and field inspections.
- Review work request packages and plan the work, update maps, prints and GIS design.
Requirements for the GIS Technician
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering Technology or related discipline and 1+ years of related work experience OR Associate's degree in Engineering Technology or related discipline and 2+ years of related work experience OR High School Diploma (or GED) and 4+ years of related work experience
- Proficiency with CAD/AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, SAP, and GIS preferred.