Leading Medical Device Manufacturer is seeking a Sr. Manufacturing Engineer in South Florida. The Engineer will perform process, tool and gauge development and implementation activities. Project Management experience in the medical device industry is highly coveted. Relocation provided for qualified candidate.
Responsibilities for the Manufacturing Engineer
- Implement cost reductions, develop process layouts, develop and maintain manufacturing instructions and execute process validation protocols, builds and reports.
- Manage and lead projects and tasks
- Utilize Lean Manufacturing principles in order to increase productivity / throughput, reduce cost, and /or eliminate waste
- Develop, document (using AutoCad / SolidWorks), and implement fixtures, jigs, tools, and gauges.
- Perform tooling verifications and carry out IQ/OQ/PQ activities
Requirements for the Manufacturing Engineer
- B.S. in Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in a technical role in the medical device industry
- Hands-on knowledge of electronics, motion control, plastics, metallurgy, and manufacturing processes
- Experience with polymers, medical grade metals and medical packaging
- Hands on experience building prototypes, tooling, and fixtures
- Great comprehensive benefits plan: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401K with match
- Relocation package provided