Mechanical Design Engineer with 5+ years professional experience 3d modeling designing machined components is needed for a direct hire position in Tyrone, GA. The design engineer must be able to work independently and understand workshop techniques. Please apply if you have 5-10 years experience as a Mechanical Design Engineer with a hands-on understanding of machinery and the ability to support sales team inquiries. This is a direct hire position located about 25 minutes south of the Atlanta airport. No relocation assistance is offered. This is a great company with an awesome corporate culture. Apply today!
Responsibilities for the Mechanical Design Engineer
- Design, specification and detail drawings using 2D and 3D systems. Autodesk Inventor strongly desired.
- Prototyping ideas using a 'hands on' approach.
- Work independently on many projects at once in a fast moving environment.
- Develop test plans and tooling to test the products.
- Interact with customers regarding material estimates, manufacturing cost analysis, customer/supplier issue resolution, and design.
- Approximately 20% travel to customer sites in the U.S. and 1-2 weeks per year in the U.K. at the company headquarters. Salary range is $70k - $80k per year based on experience.
Requirements for the Mechanical Design Engineer
- 5-10 years Mechanical Engineering Design experience with tooling, pnuematics, sheet metal, cast components, forged components, etc.
- Must have design experience. Autodesk Inventor strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to coordinate projects from customer requirements to coordinating material flow and staging through the fabrication shop.
- Mechanical Engineering Degree or equivalent years of experience and education.