Food and Beverage processor is seeking a Plant Engineering Manager to lead and manage the delivery of engineering services for the plant facility.
Qualified candidates will have food and beverage plant management engineering experience and and the engineering skills to utilize equipment to improve employee safety, production quality, equipment reliability and overall equipment effectiveness utilizing Continuous Improvement techniques.
Requires BS Engineering, knowledge of automation, PLCs, HMIs and a track record of managing Food and Beverage facility engineering capital projects.
Responsibilities for the Plant Engineer
- Ensures mechanical and electrical expertise is available to production and other departments to maintain production systems, utilities, buildings and grounds in a 24-hour 7-day per week operation.
- Provides leadership and direction in assessing, determining and executing facility capital expenditures and maintenance.
- Improves productivity, minimizes labor & overhead costs, and minimizes food and beverage ingredient and packaging waste while assuring highest levels of safety, quality, sanitation and regulatory compliance.
- Provides management of employees directly or through supervisors to ensure effective selection, retention, development, disciplinary action and performance management.
Requirements for the Plant Engineer
- Requires BS Engineering, knowledge of automation, PLCs, HMIs, AutoCAD and a track record of managing Food and Beverage facility engineering capital projects.
- Ability to follow Continuous Improvement (CI) Processes in the Management Operating Structure (MOS).
- Ability to follow all Sanitation and Quality Policies and Procedures.
- Union, Safety, and Workers Compensation experience is a plus.
Job Number: 132923