A leader in innovative products and complete solutions is currently seeking a Product Engineer in the Newark, DE area. This is a 8-month CONTRACT position. No per diem is available for this assignment.Travel: 20-30% domestic and international.
Responsibilities for the Product Engineer
- Work with R&D to develop quality, manufacturable, testable, and lowest cost assemblies. Work with Procurement to establish supply chain strategies for assigned subsystems including visiting and auditing supplier capability.
- Work with Suppliers to address technical issues with designs, production planning for prototype builds. Work with Production to develop assembly and test process for assigned subsystems and support validation of the processes in preparation for launch.
- Work with Quality to perform root cause and corrective action of nonconforming parts and assemblies during prototype builds.
Requirements for the Product Engineer
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering (master's degree desired). 5+ years of industry experience in product development and manufacturing with technical background in various manufacturing processes.
- Experience working with suppliers of complex assemblies to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues. 1+ years Project Management experience. 3+ years working in an FDA-regulated environment. Experience with managing engineering service type contracts with suppliers.
Job Number: 133129