Global packaging company is seeking a Production Manager for their Sacramento location. This position reports to the Plant Manager and is responsible for directing the production employees in their 24/7 operations. Process Improvement, Maintenance, and Project management exp. in manufacturing. The Production Manager is responsible for implementing and maintaining systems and driving manufacturing improvement as well as leading, coaching, motivating, and engaging the work teams to accomplish all operational objectives. Excellent growth opportunities, benefits, stability
Responsibilities for the Production Manager
- Oversee the manufacturing process and make sure that production lines are running smoothly and efficiently.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Employ excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- Monitor and review the performance of staff and organize necessary interventions for improvement.
- Ensure a culture of safe behavior, provide visible and felt leadership, and take responsibility for the safety of those working in the operation.
- Ensure that all operational employees receive communications in relation to company performance and site metrics on a routine basis.
Requirements for the Production Manager
- 3-5 years Production Management exp. in a manufacturing environment
- Candidates with experience in Plastic Manufacturing preferred.
- Candidates also need to have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Engineering Degree preferred.
- Experience with Lean, Six sigma, Kaizen, 5S, or similar programs around continuous improvement.
- Health, Dental, 401K match, Bonus
Job Number: 134889