No state income tax! Well established power delivery utility in central Florida is seeking an experienced Substation & Transmission System Protection Engineer for a direct hire career opportunity. Candidate will be responsible for the design, project estimation, ordering materials and project management of protective relay, control and metering systems, which will ensure substation, SCADA, RTU, reliable operations. Attractive salary, pension plan, and relocation assistance available.
Responsibilities for the Protection Engineer
- Responsible for the design, project estimation, ordering materials and project management of protective relay, control and metering systems, which will ensure substation, SCADA, RTU, reliable operations
- Provides technical support services for distribution automation, substation and transmission design; demand side management and other corporate communication and technical systems or electrical facilities; provides technical support to field relay technicians
Requirements for the Protection Engineer
- BSEE with a concentration in power system analysis, system protection and relay maintenance
- 4+ years progressively responsible experience in electrical utility protection & control or relay settings design or related environment - P.E. license a plus!
- Thorough knowledge of electrical circuit analysis; transmission systems, system protection, plant and substation design; power system metering, project management techniques and procedures
- Direct Substation Designer to complete AutoCAD drawings, conduit schedule, cable schedule and bill of materials for all projects
- Develop relay specifications; ensure accurate and timely relay calibration and relay setting calculations for transmission and substation facilities
- Candidate must have experience in calculating and preparing relay settings - specific experience with SEL relays helpful
<Benefits for the Protection Engineer
- Exceptional benefits, including company paid pension, 401k match, and much more
- Relocation assistance for qualified candidates
Job Number: 132963