EPC client is looking for a Sr. Supplier Quality Specialist to be based out of Kansas City, MO and support refinery & petrochem EPC projects. You need 15+ years of quality control experience working on oil & gas plant EPC projects either for an EPC or in piping fabrication shop. This is a long term contract opportunity that could go direct for the right candidate.
Responsibilities for the Supplier Quality Engineer
- Act as a Sr. Supplier Quality Specialist to support refinery & petrochem EPC projects and ensure supplier quality and performance meet company, industry & EPC project standards
- Champion and follow all company Shop Fabricated Pipe Procedures and report any noted deviations from the established process.
- Consult with and support Piping Engineering and participate in meetings as requested
- Review and assist in the Implementation Inspection and Test Plans (ITP) for fabrication piping activities to verify all requirements are included
- Review of subcontractor submittals to include Quality Manual, Personnel Qualifications/Certifications as required
- Monitor the activities of the contractor and sub- contractor inspectors to ensure consistent approach to welding, construction and NDE issues
- Identify, interview and select Source Inspectors for Shop Fabricated Pipe Contracts using criticality ratings, MIS Supplier information, and budgeted SQ hours as a guideline
- Prepare meeting agenda and lead Prefabrication meetings at Shops and Sub Supplier Shops as required per each SFP package
- Monitor Quality and compliance with project specifications and standards at Fabrication Shop during fabrication activities (occasional shop visits as needed and budgeted)
- Review Pipe Shop required weekly NDE reports to verify that all project percentages were met paying close attention to any repairs and tracers and verify code requirements were achieved per the Technical Specification.
- Monitor & review final data books and all required documentation to verify project specific Quality Records/Reports are properly populated, accurate and complete (special attention shall be focused on contract and code NDE percentage requirements) prior to turnover to customer
Requirements for the Supplier Quality Engineer
- 15-20+ years of Quality Control experience supporting refinery, process plant or similar plant EPC projects
- Must have experience in a pipe fabrication shop environment either working in one or visiting one performing supplier quality inspections
- You need specific experience performing Quality Assurance for Shop Fabricated Piping Procurement orders.
- Knowledgeable with applicable industry international recognized standards and codes
- Ideal candidate has NDT certifications and/or welding inspector certifications (CWI and related)
- PTO Program
- Per diem for candidates that qualify
Job Number: 132766