ELECTRICAL TEST ENGINEER contract opportunity at a highly regarded automotive manufacturing firm on central Ohio. Need BS EE or Computer Science with 2 year Test Engineering in automotive infotainment systems Projected 12+ month to very long term assignment.
Responsibilities for the Test Engineer
- Propose, develop and justify new functions (hardware, software, HMI, etc.) to meet market requirements/demands and Develop, write and issue specifications for infotainment system components.
- Create and manage a component development schedule with consideration to all related parties (supplier, designers, overall vehicle development, etc.) Manage the component supplier to achieve the development requirements on schedule
- Perform all necessary vehicle testing (hardware and functional) to guarantee product acceptance for mass production and Analyzes/interprets test results, predicting performance/failure and providing required product/design data, communicating test results clearly in written reports/formal presentations and making general recommendations based on analysis of testing results.
- Write all necessary reports, presentations or technical documents to explain and/or make a record of the development activities and Support factory, sales, etc. as required for product explanations, owner's manual reviews, manufacturing issues or market complaints
Requirements for the Test Engineer
- BS Degree in EE/ or Computer Science. 6 years of related experience may be substituted for required degree.
- Test/Development Engineer with 2 years of testing/development experience in automotive infotainment (IVI) system development.
- Ability to collect and understand functional (hardware, software & communication) requirements for infotainment system components.
<Benefits for the Test Engineer
- Pay rate in range shown based on qualifications
- Contractor Benefits
- Exposure at a top automotive firm
- Long term assignment
Job Number: 133122