Our client, a well established Orthopedic Practice, is seeking a Certified Medical Coder for their Frisco, Tx location. If you are looking for a full-time position in a dynamic, fast-paced organization with career growth opportunities, come grow with us.
**Candidates for this position must have their CPC Certification and have experience with an Orthopedic setting***
Orthopedic Surgery Coding and Billing, Claims Follow Up, Surgery Estimation of Costs
Performs thorough medical records review to abstract medical information and code diagnoses and procedures utilizing ICD-10 and CPT coding classification systems and encoder to meet financial, third party and federal/state regulatory standards.
Obtain office visits, operative reports, consultations and code correctly using ICD-10 and CPTs. Will estimate costs for surgeries and or procedures, based on current contracts. Communicate with patients, staff and hospital/surgery center personnel regarding costs.
- Reviews and interprets medical information, physician treatment plans, operative reports, consultations to determine appropriate ICD/CPT codes for diagnoses and procedures.
- Abstracts data elements to satisfy statistical requests by the hospital, health system, medical staff, etc. and enters all coded/abstracted information into the hospital information system.
- Acts as a mentor for others. Ensures efficient management of medical information and cash flow as it pertains to the unbilled coding report.
- Keeps informed of the changes/updates by attending appropriate training, reviewing coding, clinics and other resources and implements these updates in their daily work.
- Runs weekly and monthly billing/Accounts Receivable reports as requested by supervisor/director
- Assists with keeping, maintaining fee schedule
- Assists with "mapping" of procedures in electronic health record.
Working hours: M-F 8am-5pm
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking and decisive judgement.
- Work with deadlines
- Capable of working independently or as a contributing team member when necessary. Must be able to work in a dynamic and ever changing environment and take appropriate action to accomplish the goals.
- Follows federal/state guidelines for coding and billing
- Ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Athena EHR knowledge/familiarity,
- Ability to Multitask and work at fast pace
- Verbal Communication,
- Customer Focus,
- Medical Teamwork,
- HIPPA knowledge.
- $40,000-$50,000/year with bonus incentive based on experience.
- Full Medical, Vision and Dental.
Career Level Required: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Experience Required: 1+ to 2 Years
Education Required: Certification
Job type: Full Time
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.