Randstad Professionals is assisting our client in Cumberland County with a Fixed Asset Accountant. This is a contract to hire role.
- Prepare and verify the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications. Ensure all entries are in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Review accounts payable invoices to determine if amounts should be capitalized or expensed based on the Fixed Asset Policy and GAAP.
- Timely recording of disposals and retirements, as well as all new assets in accordance with the fixed asset policy.
- Compilation of project costs into CIP accounts and the close out of those balances once the related projects are complete.
- Monthly reconciliations of fixed asset sub-ledgers to the general ledger. Ensure appropriate classification of balance sheet activity.
- Work closely with Tax department to ensure accurate "Book to Tax" records.
- Provide fluctuation analysis and analytical review of monthly and quarterly fixed asset activity.
- Collaborate with the Information Systems (IS) department to understand all projects and ensure the project costs are being accounted for properly (capital vs expense). Provide reporting on all capitalized projects.
- Support audit process by providing information and direct interaction with auditors, both internal and external, on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Assist with the integration of acquisitions and/or joint ventures into our financial systems and processes.
- Participate in system implementations, upgrades, patches. To include design, documentation and testing.
- Participate in the capital expenditure budget process (Hyperion Planning).
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining professional networks; participating in professional organizations, etc.
- Support special projects and undertake other duties as requested.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 4+ combined years of contract review and interpretation/IS accounting-finance/project accounting/fixed asset accounting experience
- Strong analytical and time management skills required
- Demonstrate the ability to train or mentor other staff
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel
- Experience with large-scale financial systems (Oracle, PeopleSoft, SAP) required
Please forward all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org