CATEGORY MANAGEMENT MANAGER
The Category Management Manager is responsible for developing high impact Category Gocused Go To Market strategies, business plans, that provide strong 5P execution across key customers at the category level. The Category Manager will be responsible for both the creation of category management capabilities and strategy creation to ensure the development of the customers category while also positioning the company's product in the best possible position for success using objective and customer centric insights
- Primary partner to customer and buyers on the development of their category using 5P expertise and category knowledge
- Develop compelling GTM and 5P strategies and associated execution programs to drive category share in all channels.
- Track and monitor category compliance and impact of the GTM strategy, 5P's, and promotions and in-store execution plans, recommending corrective actions where necessary.
- Identify the shopper and retailer market research requirements which will deliver the relevant insights on an annual basis, and implement the plan - managing relationships with data / research providers.
- Maintain detailed market understanding, and shopper insights in line with global best practice.
- Owns data reporting, systems, and vendor relationships. Creates standardized reporting for the team.
- Accountable for tracking and improving promotional effectiveness and on-shelf availability of priority categories in the region.
- Conduct category reviews to support the development retailers category
- Delivers 4P expectations and KPIs to be measured against category expectations
- Fully objective approach as category advisor to deliver best in class category management insights to key retail partners
- Lead the category review recommendations following and facilitating the category management process
- Lead any key retail projects to include planogram recommendations, promotional analysis and sku productivity
- Provide key market performance indicators to understand and deliver market trends to our retailers
- Ensure we have sufficient market insights for internal and external requirements
- Prepare customer presentations on market trends, brand and retailer performance
- Complete market data performance tracking and reporting - issues and opportunities (quarterly)
- Maintain understanding of the competitive landscape - price, promotions, range and space
- EPOS data management weekly by key customer
- Proven experience of delivering and implementing CatMan GTM and 4P strategies / execution plans
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience within consumer goods industry with increasing accountability
- Experience in commercial trade marketing roles or category management
- Demonstrated ability in creating CatMan capabilities from ground up
- Experience in direct account management within multiple channels
- Experience of developing trade/consumer marketing strategies and programmes
- In depth knowledge and experience of category management, analysis of shopper insights, market purchasing & trend data, fact-based data projections to inform category investment decisions.
- Prospace skills and previous history with POG software is required
- Syndicated data experience, Nielsen is a must... power user of Nielsen....
- Strong collaboration & influencing skills - proven in a global/matrix structure.
- Leadership ability and proven ability to develop a direct report.
- Ability to build and understand financial model / P&L, understands financial impact of strategy changes
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Must be fluent in spoken and written English language.
- Educated to Degree level - preferably in a commercial discipline.