Title: Collections Specialist (Business to Business)
Type: Contract to hire
Location: Northbrook, IL
The Credit Analyst is responsible for tracking receivables, making collection calls, recommending credit limits and releasing orders of an assigned portfolio. Note: Experience with Business to Business (B2B) collections required.
- Actively participates in the investigation and resolution of customer payment deductions and disputes.
- Within established limits approve the release or hold of orders.
- Perform credit reviews to assist in the credit limit increase/decrease process and maintain updated customer credit files including updated tax exemption certificates as needed.
- Works with Cash Application Department to resolve questions regarding customer payments.
- Takes action on customer accounts that are delinquent. Communicates status of risky accounts and collection efforts to Corporate Credit Manager.
- Provide input to or prepare various monthly ad hoc reports for the Corporate Credit Manager.
- Perform various other duties in accordance with established procedures and methods as assigned.
- College degree preferred, high school diploma required
- Minimum of three years related work experience in a commercial B2B credit/collections role required.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel required.
- Experience with ERP systems (Microsoft Dynamics Preferred)