The Senior Accountant - Financial Reporting reports to the Director - Technical Accounting & Financial Reporting, and is responsible for assisting in the preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements and researching technical accounting matters on an as needed basis. This position is also responsible for participating in monthly, quarterly and year-end financial closings, annual audit preparation and other special projects as requested by management. This individual may also be responsible for reviewing work of others within the department or from the company's divisions.
Essential Job Accountabilities:
- SEC Reporting - Assist in the accurate and timely submission of the company's quarterly and annual SEC filings (10K/10Q), and all other related activities required to comply with SEC rules and regulations. Assist with other filings such as 8K, Forms 3/4/5.
- Participate in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements including Statement of Cash Flows and Statement of Equity/Rollforward
- Assist in implementing and manage equity accounting software
- Monitor and document new accounting pronouncements, assist in evaluating the impact to the company and assist in overseeing implementation across the organization as required.
- Participate in accounting for complex areas including but not limited to business combinations, share-based payments, derivatives, equity transactions and real estate and leasing transactions.
- Assist in developing and maintaining accounting policies.
- Participates in quarterly assessments of controls, as well as in the quarterly certification process.
- Works closely with the company's auditors.
- Complies with Company's attendance policy by maintaining regular and predictable attendance.
- Prepare and/or review monthly, quarterly and annual journal entries as needed
- Perform account analysis and reconciliations
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
- Liaise with other accounting staff at Corporate or at operating companies
- Participate in special projects as needed and assigned
- Accounting degree required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with strong Excel skills
- 3-5 years of relevant professional experience required
- CPA preferred
- Public Company experience preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Ability to work independently
- Strong communication skills (including writing skills)
- Ability to travel domestically (approximately 5%)
- Ability to work in the US without sponsorship