Randstad Professionals specializes in Accounting and Finance placements with hundreds of Bay Area companies. We assist thousands of accounting professionals to start and grow their careers every year. We are currently recruiting for a Senior Accountant!
About the role: Reporting directly to the Assistant Controller, the Senior Accountant will focus on consolidating the financial statements of the company. The senior accountant works closely with the accountants and the VPs in maintaining the accuracy of the standalone financial statements, budgets and forecasts. This position addresses a multitude of accounting activities including account reconciliation, general ledger preparation, financial reporting, and year-end audit preparation.
- Manage monthly close
- Prepare/review monthly reporting package which includes income statement, balance sheet, cash flow, actual/budget variance analysis, financial statement analysis and commentary
- Prepare/review the recording of transactions into the general ledger
- Prepare/review monthly/quarterly account reconciliations, bank reconciliation and other schedules
- Partner with management team of various subsidiaries and provide decision making support
- Work with FP&A and tax departments on various collaborative projects, including assisting in the development of company business plans and forecasts, and preparing schedules and other information for the purpose of preparing tax returns for operating entities
- Document procedures and streamline processes when possible
- Identify internal control weakness and provide recommendation to controller
- Prepare/review schedules for the annual audit and provide audit support as needed
- Other projects as the need arises
- The ideal candidate must be thorough and detailed with big picture mindset.
- Advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, array formulas, macros, etc.) required.
- Demonstrate technical accounting knowledge and understand consolidation concepts.
- Financial statement commentary and variance reporting required.
- Able to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Budgeting and forecasting experience preferred.
- Problem solving with a proven ability in creative thinking and issue resolution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous interaction with internal/external auditors.
- ERP knowledge preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
Qualifications & Education
- BS degree in Accounting or similar field.
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience.
- CPA preferred
Application Process - Once we know you are interested, a Randstad Professional recruiter will review your resume and may contact you to better understand your skills and tell you more about the opportunity. We will meet qualified candidates face to face and our best talent will interview with the employer face to face - we will move quickly.
Interviewing now! Click Apply to submit your resume.