Looking for a Director of Software Development in the Maryland Marketplace!
The Sr. Director of Software Development will lead the B2B and B2B2C development for a multi-tenant media delivery platform (Web, Mobile, and API). This individual should be comfortable leading the organization's development of their public-facing platforms in agile methodology. They will work with Product Management, the Executive Team, and all stakeholders to establish the product vision and roadmap for our platform (website, mobile, and APIs) and B2B website, and deliver on the product vision.
The Director of Software Development will work in a demanding and exciting environment that is creative, detail oriented, and vital to the success and strength of the company. The successful applicant is a technology leader with 15+ years of overall IT experience, and 3+ years of strong experience leading a public-facing development team. This individual must have a clear understanding of the product positioning and be able to manage complexities in mixing multiple business models, content sharing across entities, integration with multiple library vendors and partners, and various checkout models. They will have direct responsibility for implementing the development roadmap while driving continuous improvement and increased customer satisfaction.
- Refine and optimize an Agile process to advance rapid delivery of products/features while learning from user experiences/feedback
- Foster a work environment that is innovative and highly productive
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and translate plans into phased actions
- Execute to success through diligent planning, attention to detail, effective delegation and efficient decision-making
- Define and monitor KPIs that drive growth and determine success of initiatives and team performance and process efficiency
- Monitor the release process and prioritize the placement of new products or enhancements in a release, balancing organizational objectives, product strategy, technical architecture, and market needs
- Implement product requirements improving on competitive landscape, market, and customer trends
- Communicate effectively across the organization to ensure that the team is completely aligned to the business objectives and can do the job effectively
- Build strong inter-personal relationships with peers and other key stakeholders that can help facilitate execution
- Establish and maintain relationships at key customer accounts, service partners, and vendors. Role model to team through hands on technology-leadership by encouraging adoption of tools and solutions that solve the business needs or speed delivery/increase quality
- Hire outstanding talent that can work in high performing teams and deliver advantaged results for the business. Develop a strong set of leaders that can drive success for the individual teams
- Maintain current understanding of the technology landscape and tools used across industries
- Understand and lead an Enterprise Architecture that is modular and service oriented (MicroService based) including IIS & Apache, ElasticSearch, Elasticache(Redis), MS-SQL & MySQL/Aurora and NoSQL(MongoDB), and API Gateway on a mix of Windows, Linux, and Serverless platforms (Lambda)
- Manage Hosting Services and understand cloud networking and services - AWS, CDNs, VMs/AMIs, DNS, Load Balancing, Firewalls, Application Firewalls, Security Monitoring, Routing, Availability Zones, VPCs, Auto-Scaling, and Self-Healing
- 15+ years overall in IT and Software Development
- 3+ leading public facing development
- 3+ years of mobile application management experience
- 3+ years of product management experience
- B2B and B2C experience a must B2B2C experience highly desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to multi-task and prioritize effectively