The Technology Director will provide technical governance and oversight for client engagements and will be accountable for technical quality of services and project deliverables.
The Technology Director will develop process, strategy, and skills to improve technical delivery across the organization; assist in the sale and delivery of services; and serve as a trusted advisor to clients and the broader Randstad Technologies organization.
The Technology Director is expected to lead by example while maintaining a client focus and execute job responsibilities that include, but are not limited to:
- Solution and Proposal Development: - Provide assistance during the sales cycle with potential clients to address technical and delivery questions. Includes:
- Reviewing opportunity leads to ensure fit with offerings, likelihood of pursuit success and technical feasibility.
- Developing solution approaches, estimates and resources plans
- Assisting with creation of proposal outlines and schedules.
- Conducting technical reviews to ensure proposals adhere to practice guidelines and risks are mitigated.
- Technical Delivery: Owns technical governance and oversight for client projects and programs. Includes:
- Routinely meeting with client technical leadership to maintain relationships and foster a culture of Continuous Service Improvement.
- Working with delivery organization to recruit qualified resources by conducting technical screenings.
- Ensuring all services are delivered following best practices and in alignment with technical designs and client expectations.
- Performing work without significant oversight. Determining objectives, setting priorities, and managing tasks and assignments.
- Providing thought leadership and mentorship to technical team members and the broader organization as needed.
- Practice Development: Contribute to overall practice success. Includes:
- Providing thought leadership on technology trends and that are relevant to Randstad Technologies' clients
- Assist in maturing and developing practice offerings and assets
- Performing mentoring responsibilities for junior members of the team
- Supporting company culture and ensuring timely communication up and down the organization
- Minimum of 5 years of Experience leading the delivery of technical engagements in a Consulting or Professional Services Organization strongly desired, Big 5 Firm Preferred
- Previous experience as a technical lead owning all architecture responsibilities for at least three large solutions
- 10+ years of Application development and experience with at least 5 years in an Lead/Architect role
- Bachelor degree, preferably in information technology or engineering disciplines
- Proven history of business development success
- Experience presenting to senior technical management
- Experience developing IT strategies and creating Architecture Blueprints technology and Implementation Roadmaps
SKILLS & TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Deep technical expertise in Architecting and Developing large enterprise solutions using one or more of the following:
- Microsoft .NET
- Java J2EE or Spring
- Open Source Technologies including: Python, Ruby, etc.
- Experience designing and developing Hybrid and Cloud-native solutions using either AWS or Azure
- Must demonstrate in-depth expertise with the following technologies: Service Oriented Architecture and Microservices; Big Data, SQL and NoSQL technologies
- Extensive knowledge of DevOps principles and techniques including Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery
- Working knowledge of other aspects of SDLC and IT Operations including:
- Agile Software Delivery
- Project Management including estimation and risk management
- Business and Technical Analysis
- Software Quality Assurance (Functional, Performance and load testing) tools and processes
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong client focus and customer service skills